28 associations representing more than 99 percent of total UCITS
and AIF assets provided us with net sales data.
The main developments in August 2016 can be summarized as follows:
- Net inflows into UCITS and AIF totaled EUR 55 billion, compared to EUR 66 billion in July.
- UCITS registered net inflows of EUR 51 billion, up from EUR 49 billion in July.
- Long-term UCITS (UCITS excluding money market funds) recorded net inflows of EUR 33 billion, compared to EUR 25 billion in July. Equity funds recorded net sales of EUR 1 billion, compared to net outflows of EUR 2 billion in July. Net sales of bond funds increased from EUR 23 billion in July to EUR 25 billion in August. Multi-asset funds increased from EUR 0.1
billion in July to EUR 4 billion in August.
- UCITS money market funds recorded net sales of EUR 18 billion, down from EUR 24 billion in July.
- AIF recorded net inflows of EUR 4 billion, down from EUR 16 billion in July. This was mainly caused by net outflows in AIF equity and AIF money market funds.
- Net assets of UCITS increased by 1.1% to EUR 8,437 billion in August, and AIF net assets increased by 0.7% to EUR 5,382 billion. Overall, total net assets of European investment funds increased by 1.0% in August to stand at EUR 13,820 billion at the end of the month.
- Net sales of UCITS remained strong in August, with increased net sales of
equity, bond and multi-asset funds.