28 associations representing 99 percent of total UCITS and AIF assets provided us with net sales data.
The main developments in October 2016 can be summarized as follows:
- Net inflows into UCITS and AIF totaled EUR 62 billion, compared to EUR 51 billion in September.
- UCITS registered net inflows of EUR 47 billion, up from EUR 30 billion in September.
- Long-term UCITS (UCITS excluding money market funds) recorded net inflows of EUR 22 billion, compared to EUR 28 billion in October.
- Equity funds recorded net outflows of EUR 1 billion, compared to net inflows of EUR 2 billion in September.
- Net sales of bond funds increased slightly from EUR 16 billion in September to EUR 17 billion in October.
- Net sales of multi-asset funds decreased slightly from EUR 7 billion in September to EUR 6 billion in October.
- UCITS money market funds recorded net sales of EUR 25 billion, compared to EUR 2 billion in September.
- AIF recorded net inflows of EUR 15 billion, down from EUR 21 billion in September.
- Total net assets of European investment funds stood at EUR 13,756 billion at end October, compared to EUR 13,836 in September and EUR 13,320 billion at end 2015.
Despite anemic net sales of equity funds since January 2016, UCITS continued to attract robust new investment in October thanks to net inflows into bond, money market and multi-assets funds.